Thursday 28 January 2016

Happy Happenings - Happy Birthday

Hello!

I'm so happy to be posting again! My craft room is finally unpacked and in working order! I'm still getting used to my new surroundings - but not complaining at all!

I'm taking part in this week's Global Design Project - this week is a CASE the Designer ( Connie Collins ) challenge!

My card this week is also made with the birthday of a wonderful lady in mind...


Pink, White and Glitter!


Connie's beautiful inspiration!



Up close and personal!

My Product List







Hints & Things
  •  I heat embossed my Bloomin' Heart Thinlit (die cut from Kraft cardstock) with Gold Stampin' Glitter - feel free to use Gold Glimmer Paper. I do think the glitter makes for a beautiful gold effect! I added an extra layer of  glittery flowers to 3 of the solid flowers.
  • For my pink flowers I used 3 punched flowers of the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack  and shaped them with my fingers to form tiny flower buds - to these I added extra shimmer with my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen.
  • The stunning Pink enamel glitter dots are from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit.
  • Vellum adds an extra layer and helps make the card even softer.
A card for a very special person! Happy Birthday Sandy!

I hope that you will pop in again next time - Charlize's 8th birthday is coming up and I will be sharing some projects surrounding that.

Take care!

Mel xx


8 comments:

  1. Great work. Love each detail on it. Thanks for playing with us.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanja, I loved creating it!

      Delete
  2. Mel, I love all the beautiful details of this card, from the soft stripes, the vellum, and the crowing achievement...the gorgeous glittered heart. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I was totally inspired by your stunning card!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful birthday card! I adore the heart in Glimmer Paper! The vellum adds a delightful softness to your project too. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula it was sooo good to take part in a GDP challenge again.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful details, Mel! The layer of vellum adds such a wonderful element to this card. Love the shine of your heart. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Case the Designer (Connie Collins) Challenge at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete