Monday 22 February 2016

Picture Perfect - The Sky is the Limit

Hello!

What a wonderful morning here in Jindalee, Western Australia! After some really hot days I can appreciate the cool sea breeze in the air... My card today captures just that... I created it with a 21st Birthday in mind, but will have to adapt it to a more masculine card.I love the outcome though and will send it to someone that needs to here the sentiment behind it. We need to send more hand made cards!!

The Picture Perfect photopolymer stamp set from Stampin'Up!'s Occasions Catalogue is simply breathtaking and it makes you look like an artist! What more can you ask for? It makes cardmaking a breeze!


Don't you feel like going for a walk along the beach...?


Bermuda Bay + Mint Macaroon = Ocean

My Product List




Hints & Things


  • I inked the Watercolor Wash background stamp with both the Mint Macaron and the Bermuda Bay inks - to soften the look, I used a soft kitchen towel to dab of some excess ink.
  • To add a hint of Gold (of course) I wrapped Gold Metallic Thread around my card front a number of times.
  • I think what brings this card to a WOW! (for me) is the Dazzling Diamond Glitter that I heat embossed onto the Vellum - I used the "grid" background stamp from the Timeless Textures stamp set for this as well as "flourish" from the same set , to add more interest to the greeting label.
  • In the end I had so much fun making this card - I realised I have to make peace with the fact that my whole house would be decorated in Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party, if I didn't apply some restraint because of it's other occupants!
Let me know what you think? I would love some feed back!

I hope this week treats you well... The say: "The Sky is the Limit"!

Take care!

Mel xx


No comments:

Post a Comment