Sunday 6 March 2016

Timeless Textures ft Watercolor Wings and And Many More - You Made my Day

Hello!

After a very successful Hawaiin Themed Birthday Party yesterday, I was very happy to spent some time in my craft room this morning! I'm also so fortunate to make another card to tell someone they made my day! This will also be my entry for this week's Global Design Project colour challenge! As always a really beautiful combo!


Grey and Yellow...dreamy...

The Colour Challenge!


Can you see the shimmer of the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush?

My Product List



 Hints & Things
  • For my background I started with the Smoky Slate ink- repeatedly stamping with the faded border stamp from the Timeless Textures stamp set. Then I used the little dots stamp (from the same beautiful set)stamping also in Smoky Slate, added Daffodil Delight with the woodgrain stamp and the last I used the woodgrain stamp again but in  this time using Basic Grey ink. 
  • I kept a small white border around my background piece.
  • I love using the same colour ink when 2-step (3-step) stamping - this time it was the butterfly from the lovely Watercolor Wings photopolymer set in the Daffodil Delight ink. Each step adds more intensity to the colour.
  • As always I had to add a little shine! I used the Silver Metallic Thread underneath my Yellow butterfly, Metallics sequins and the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush over the butterfly wings and the tiny flower!
  • The Vellum layer makes my butterfly pop!
Well I have one more " You Made My Day" card to make and I am really excited to share that one with you.. For now why don't you let me know what you think of this one...

Chat to you soon!

Take care!

Mel xx



5 comments:

  1. That background is awesome. Very creative and something I would not think of doing. What a great way to incorporate all the GDP025 colors into the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine! The Timeless Textures stamp set is one of my favorite sets from the Occasions Catalogue, great for building backgrounds!

      Delete
  2. A real "WOW" card Melodie! Timeless Textures is a personal favourite of mine too! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the lucky recipient for this card and it is stunning.
    The background is just gorgeous.......absolutely love it.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you deserved every ounce of appreciation I put into this card! I'm happy you liked it!

      Delete