Saturday 18 June 2016

Pineapple ft Butterfly Basics - Happy Birthday

Hello!

Finally, after two weeks of missing out,  I am able to take part in my favourite challenge - the Global Design Project challenge #040 - this week we are CASE-ing the designer Shawn de Oliveira!

I loved Shawn's card and was inspired mostly by his sketch and the watercolouring (which I am not good with at at all)! For a while now I wanted to play with the Pineapple background stamp and thought this would be the perfect occasion!


I am so proud of my watercolour background!


Shawn's de Oliveira's beautiful inspiration!


I used Soft Sky ink for the background. I also love that the greeting is placed to the side!

My Product List





Notes


  • I used Sponge Daubers to add ink to my Pineapple Stamp. I love the effect it creates and it feels like I have more control over where the ink goes. I used two orange (Peekaboo Peach and Pumpkin Pie) inks and two green (Emerald Envy and Old Olive) inks for the Pineapple.
  • My Paper Snips worked perfectly to fussy cut around the stamped Pineapple. 
  • For the watercolour background I used a Spritzer to wet the Watercolor Paper, before dropping some ink on to it. Because I am impatient, I used a Heat Tool to rush the drying process. Feel free to add a second layer of ink to your background. I didn't feel the need... I was pretty happy with it as is!
  • The greeting to the side was embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and Pacific Point ink.
I love the Tropical feel of my card and didn't even add any embellishments! A first for me!

Let me know what you think! For your convenience I have now added a Pin Button to my images - feel free to Pin away!

Next I hope to use the Pineapple stamp for an actual background! Why not follow me by e-mail? That way you will not miss out on my posts! Just add your e-mail address  to the Follow by Email button to the top right hand of the page!

Thank you for having a look!

Take care!

Mel xx

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty......love the idea about adding inks to stamp with daubers. I couldn't find the pin button next to imagine to pin though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! When you click or move over the image the Pin button appears! Like magic!

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous Mel. The pineapple stamp hasn't really done anything for me ... until I saw your card! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! It is all about pineapples and flamingos at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Super gorgeous Melodie! I love that the layout is similar but more open. Stunning. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! Love your watercolor background and how you used the dauber to add color to the pineapple! So perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Michelle!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, Mel. I love this card. The pineapple is gorgeous and the watercolor was is perfect. I can't stop looking at it. Thanks so much for creating this work of art for our Global Design Project challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn! It is all because of your beautiful inspiration!

      Delete