Thursday 13 October 2016

Rose Wonder - You're in my Thoughts and Prayers

Hello again!

After a very successful Stamp-a-Stack for Christmas (14 attendees!), I have my life back again! Yay!!

I am so happy to share my entry for this week's Global Design  Project Colour Challenge (#GDP057). Oh my, was I challenged! I didn't know where to start! Lucky there is a lot of inspiration given by GDP's amazingly talented designers! Other inspiration came from my mom! This card will go to her... just to remind her that I am always thinking of her (in between phone calls every second day)!


I tried three different card bases (Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White) before settling on Mint Macaron! Fingers crossed I made the right decision!



They may look like a match made in heaven...



A Project Life card from the Good Vibes Collection as backdrop for my greeting and die cut pieces!



My Product List







Notes

  • For this colour challenge I decided to start of with two of the colours that I know work together  well - Mint macaron and Blushing Bride - from there it became easier...
  • To add interest to my card base I used heat embossing - Gold this time!
  • And for even more shine, I used Gold sequins and the Gold Baker's twine from the trio pack in Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Catalogue!
  • I added piercing to the punched circle to frame the greeting. Always a quick way to add dimension and interest!
  • For the flower (three die cut layers) and the leaves I added a colour wash of Blushing Bride and Mint macaron to Shimmery White cardstock.
  • As an after thought, I tucked in softer Vellum die cut leaves (also from the Rose Garden Thinlits set). 
My card for today! Let me know what you think!

Take care!

Mel xx

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card for your Mum, Melodie. I love the mainly Mint colour of your project, with just hints of the other colours. The gentle tilt of your main panel is really eye catching too. Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project's colour challenge this week. Best of luck for the guest pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is beautiful Melodie. All the soft elements of this card are so lovely. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project, your work is always stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the successful Stamp-a-Stack Melodie, and on a beautiful card for GDP Colour Challenge. Mint Macaron was definitely the right choice, and your Mum will absolutely adore this card, I am sure! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning card. I love that soft colour wash to the flower and leaves. You've done this before on your cards and it is stunning.
    All the best with the GDP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! I love colour wash!

      Delete