Thursday 20 October 2016

Stitched With Cheer ft Perfect Pines Framelits - Merry & Bright

Hello!

Thank you for popping in! I hope life is treating you kindly! How fortunate are we as cardmakers  to spread paper happiness!

My entry for this week's Global Design Project challenge (#gdp058) - a sketch challenge by Teneale Williams! If you ever feel you have lost your MOJO a sketch will never fail to inspire you! Not that it is even possible to loose your MOJO with Stampin' Up! products!!




I love the Black colour accents included in the Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack! It adds a bit of edge to the traditional Green and Red colours! Also a perfect stack for masculine cards!

How far can you go with this sketch?! The possibilities are endless!




A Silky Taffeta Cherry Cobbler bow to add a touch of whimsy...!

My Product List




Notes

  • I used the diagonal stripe mask from the Seasonal Decorative Masks pack to add clear heat embossed detail to Kraft cardstock (love this stuff!) before die cutting a tree with one of the Perfect Pines Framelits Dies.
  • For my embossed greeting I used Archival Basic Black and Versamark ink with Clear Stampin' Emboss powder. I first added the Versamark ink and then the Basic Black ink to the stamp - be very careful though, Vellum can be a little slippery!
  • Find something special in your stash for your "star", I used a bigger sequin (left over from a retired kit) with a Rhinestone in the center! 
  • A pretty bow adds even more festivity!
Let me know what you think! I love reading your comments! 

Take care!
Mel xx




6 comments:

  1. What a fun Xmas card and I love your idea about clear embossing the mask stripes on the Kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Melodie ... That DSP behind the tree looks like real fabric and stitching. Very effective! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryll! This is one of my favorite DSP's at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Wow, wow, WOW! Love your take on this weeks sketch. I love the repeated stripe theme in various ways throughout this card. Great job! Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! It's the Warmth & Cheer stack that made it so easy!

      Delete