Saturday 1 October 2016

World Card Making Day Stampin' Up! Blog Hop!

Hello!



Join me in celebrating World Card Making Day today the 1st of October 2016! What better way to celebrate this special day, than with a World Card Making Day Stampin' Up! Blog Hop! My name is Melodie Viljoen and I am posting from Australia! I love surprising someone with a handmade card! Not sure yet who will receive this one...


Flowers and a heart to make someone smile... might just add some chocolate!




Heat embossed greetings add extra interest to the flower petals...




My Product List




Notes

  • For the background I used one of Stampin' Up1 new Seasonal Decorative Masks with embossing paste, tinted with the beautiful Green, Pear Pizzazz.
  • To add extra interest to the flower petals I added heat embossed words with our White Stampin' Emboss powder! Really pretty!
  • The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is also from Stampin' Up!'s new Holiday Catalogue - yes I used the Presents & Pinecones DSP for my base layer! 
I hope you are lucky enough to have some time to create your own cards on this very special card making day! 

Let me know what you think! I would love to read your comments!

Take care!

Mel xx

19 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful eye for colours and design in your card making. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this Happy mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful eye for colours and design in your card making. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this Happy mail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the idea of just part of the embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning......love the colours, use of embossing paste and heat embossing words over the flowers. Very clever and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful. The embossing is beautiful as well as the soft pretty colors that you used. It all blends so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work of art, Melodie! I really like your design and execution. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. Love your idea of the text on the flower petals. Will CASE :)
    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Danielle Bennenk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card has such interesting details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun creating it! Thanks Donna!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card, Melodie. Loving the use of the stencil with the embossing paste for a stunning textural background layer. The embossing on the flower petals is a fabulous idea! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! Such a pleasure to blog hop with you!

      Delete